REGISTRATION, ACCOMMODATION AND FEES
Registration is open to both members and non-members of the International Academy of Ceramics (IAC), but members of IAC will be given preference for space and will also receive reduced fees.
The capacity of the conference hall is 300 people and will, therefore be the maximum number of participants in the congress.
Companions cannot enrol in the conference but can participate in the tours, ceramic evenings and other social activities by paying the price that corresponds to the activities they sign up for.
The registration period begins in April 2016 and will close some days prior to the congress, or when registration is full. Registration and payment is only possible through IAC internet site.
Accommodation is not the responsibility of the organization and is not included in the registration fee. However, organizers will arrange rooms for participants with hotels and apartments at an advantageous price. and may be booked and paid for on the same internet site as the registration. Due to the great volume of tourism in Barcelona, it is difficult and expensive to find accommodations in the city at the last minute. We strongly encourage participants to register as soon as possible.
All registration fees (excluding accompanying persons) include:
– Access to all sessions of debates and communications.
– Access to the foyer area of the DHUB involving international press institutions and companies related to ceramics.
– Coffee break and lunch buffet during the five days of the conference
– Dinner every day (except Thursday evening) and farewell dinner and party in Argentona.
– Visits during the afternoon sessions to more than 10 cultural places (buildings, exhibitions and museums), except entrance to La Pedrera building (optional) which has an additional cost of 15 euros.
– The route to museums, exhibitions and pottery workshops in several cities of Catalonia on the last day of the congress.
– All local travels by bus in the afternoons visits, evenings events and return to the hotels offered by the organization.
– Identification badge, printed program and conference complimentary gift.
– The contents of discussions and communications in digital format.
– Participants of the IAC Members Exhibition are entitled to a USB stick with the catalogue. For more copies and for other participants at the conference will be the opportunity to acquire the USB device catalogue (10 euros per unit) or printed catalogue (25 euros each).
– Each participant has the possibility to leave information (brochures, cards, posters …) of his/her studio, center, etc. at the foyer of the conference room.
The 47th IAC Congress, which will be held in Barcelona from 12 to 16 September 2016, is conceived as a meeting place for discussion and study for about 300 participants from around the world.(read more...)